Physical reserve items are course materials (e.g., journal articles or book chapters) placed on reserve by faculty that are made available in the Library.
- Searching: To find the call number of a physical reserve item, go to the Library catalog and click the Course Reserves tab. Use the drop down box to search by course instructor or course number.
- Location: Physical reserve items are located at the Circulation Desk on the 2nd floor.
- Circulation: Circulation policies for reserve items vary depending on the item. Most reserve items cannot leave the Library.
- Overdue Fines Reserve items cannot be renewed for more time. Additionally, there is a 25 cent per hour, per item, per day fine for materials not returned on time.
The library no longer stores electronic documents for faculty. Students searching for electronic reserves should sign into their course through Moodle.
The library can create and post pdf documents for faculty on their Moodle course pages. We can also link to articles in our databases for those concerned about copyright issues.
Students may place materials on hold for one-week only. Holds may be requested through phone, email, or in person at the Circulation desk. Reserve materials may not be placed on hold.
The Montante Family Library has adopted a strict interpretation of copyright laws as they relate to course reserve materials. The following restrictions apply:
- The Montante Family Library may accept one copy only of any copyrighted item, which may be held on reserve for only one academic semester. Reserve materials cannot be placed on reserve again without written copyright permission, which the course instructor is responsible for obtaining. Such permission must then be provided to the library. All reserve materials will be removed at the end of each academic semester unless permission has been provided to the library's course reserve coordinator. NOTE: Faculty members may visit the Copyright Clearance Center (CCC) or the United States Copyright Office online to expedite the permission process.
- A photocopy of one chapter from a work of a single author, or not more than three chapters or articles from a collective work or periodical volume may be placed on reserve over the course of an academic semester. Of these, not more than one article from each collective work or periodical volume may be held on reserve at the same time.
- Anthologies and course packs cannot be placed on reserve without written permission from the copyright owner(s).
- No photocopies of consumable works such as standardized tests, workbooks, answer sheets, and solution manuals can be placed on reserve.
Please contact the Reserve Coordinator for additional information.
Phone: (716) 829-8105
Search the Montante Family Library catalog to find books.
Search the catalog
Need Info On the Go? Text a Librarian! To access this service, text refdesk to 66746.