Research Mission Statement
The Montante Family Library Research and Library Instruction Department is staffed by research librarians dedicated to assisting students, faculty, and staff with individualized, point-of-need, private, and specialized research assistance via Zoom sessions, email communications, and telephone communications. The Library Instruction program allows for group instruction most often in conjunction with faculty and can be scheduled upon request. The research desk is open from 8:30 – 4:30 Monday - Friday.
With a focus on student success, we empower the college community to:
- navigate and access print, electronic, and web-based information resources available via the library’s subscription-based resources, as well as freely available and reputable online web-based information.
- critically evaluate such scholarly resources as original research, peer-reviewed articles, systematic reviews, literature reviews, and more, to ensure accuracy and relevancy to your research topics
- facilitate the development of information literacy skills through individualized consultations and instructional experiences
- reinforce dedication to scholarship in a quest for lifelong learning.
We can also provide help in other academic areas such as:
- APA 7 instruction, collaboration, and review
- Microsoft Office formatting basic assistance
- Citation generators such as RefWorks
For More Information Contact
Deb Lucas, M.L.S.
Head of Research and Instruction