Library instruction classes are regularly scheduled throughout each academic semester. Sessions are designed to help students develop the basic and essential skills needed to conduct college-level research. Each session reviews the library resources and services so that students may independently and confidently locate, evaluate, and use information that supports their academic pursuits.
The Library Instruction Room is located on the library's 4th floor and is equipped with 20 Internet-accessible computer workstations. Classes are strictly limited to 30 students.
All faculty members wishing to schedule library instruction classes should complete an instruction request form (links at right).
Scheduling Library Instruction Classes
- Faculty members wishing to schedule library instruction classes may complete the online request form, or fax a completed print version to (716) 829-7770, or call Celia White at (716) 829-8106.
- Library instruction classes must be scheduled at least one week in advance.
Attending Library Instruction Classes
- Because the number of computer workstations is limited, classes cannot exceed 30 students at a time. Large classes may be split so that portions of the class attend different library instruction sessions. Instruction can be arranged in larger classrooms on campus or in off-campus sites at the discretion of the librarian.
- If a faculty member wants the content of a library instruction class tailored to meet specific course objectives or student needs, the faculty member must provide the library with a current class work assignment and/or a syllabus.
- Faculty members must be present with their students during all library instruction classes.
- Faculty and students are expected to arrive promptly and meet the librarian in the front lobby near the security desk.
- Library Instruction Request (online)
- Library Instruction Request (MS Word)
- Getting Started on Library Research (MS Word)
Cataloging & Library Instruction
Phone: (716) 829-8106
Do you need help with research? Our Research Services Department provides individualized research assistance.
Need Info On the Go? Text a Librarian! To access this service, text refdesk to 66746.