Search for answers to common Interlibrary Loan questions or contact the Interlibrary Loan department if you do not find your answer here.
Interlibrary Loan Frequently Asked Questions
ALL ILL borrowers MUST be registered ILLiad users, in good standing, with no overdue books or fines. To verify your library status, please see an ILL Librarian at the Research Desk, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit a librarian at the Research Desk, 1st floor library.
- Telephone a librarian at (716) 829-7747.
- E-mail a librarian at email@example.com.
- Journal articles and most books circulate via ILL.
- Special collection items, such as test files, videos, DVDs, computer files, CD ROMs, and reference books are very difficult to obtain via ILL. See a Reference Librarian for assistance.
- Journal articles become your property; they do not have to be returned.
- Books & non-print materials must be returned and are usually loaned for 3-4 weeks.
- ERIC Documents arrive on microfiche and can only be used in the library. They are available for 3-4 weeks.
The Montante Family Library strongly discourages students from requesting class textbooks through Interlibrary Loan. In most cases, requests for textbooks are not filled by other libraries. If they are filled, the requests usually take longer than 10 days to be processed because multiple requests must be placed before finding a library willing to loan the item. Additionally, it is rare for a student who receives a textbook via Interlibrary Loan to have the book for the entire semester. Please speak with a librarian if you have questions.
Articles can take 1-5 days and books can take up to 10 days to arrive, on average.
- You will receive notification via your DYC e-mail account when your ILL items are ready to be picked up at the research desk, Library 1st floor. You may also call, visit, or e-mail the library research desk to ask if your items have arrived.
- ILL books must be picked up and returned to the Research Desk. Items will not be mailed to patrons.
- When an article is available, you will receive an email with a link to view it in your ILL account.
- Patrons may request renewals from within their ILLiad account. Please see the book strap inserted in the book for instructions.
- Renewals are granted by the lender, not DYC.
- The Montante Family Library cannot guarantee the lender will approve a renewal.
- It is the patron's responsibility to check renewal dates in their ILLiad account and return the item on time.
- There is a $1/day fine for all overdue items. Replacement cost is the value of the item as determined by the library director and/or staff.
- Journal articles do not need to be returned to the library.
Students are strictly limited to 15 requests open(unfilled) at a time.
RESEARCH AND INTERLIBRARY LOAN DEPT.