The Montante Family Library is an ADA-compliant institution and committed to providing exceptional service to all library patrons.
The staff of the Montante Family Library is committed to providing quality services for all patrons of the D'Youville community. Should patrons with special needs, or anyone with concerns for those patrons, have questions or concerns regarding the library's services and/or accessibility, please contact us.
Physical Access to Our Facilities
One handicapped parking space is available on the east side of the library building.
The entrance to the library is wheelchair accessible, however, the doors do not open automatically. The security guard can assist with the doors.
- Elevator: The elevator is located in the lobby and reaches all four floors of the library.
- Restrooms: All floors of the Library are equipped with handicapped-accessible restrooms.
- Floor plans: A copy of the library floor plans are available online or at the Research Desk on the third floor of the Library.
Patrons needing assistance with finding or accessing library materials, or using library
equipment, should contact the librarian at the Research Desk on the first floor of
Phone: (716) 829-7747
Located on the first floor of the library
- VTEK Voyager magnifying machine (4x to 60x) that magnifies printed materials to assist individuals with a visual impairment.
- Reading Edge Kurzweil Reader that converts text from books, magazines, and other printed materials to speech to assist individuals who have a visual impairment or are blind.
For more information about support services and programs for students with special needs at D'Youville, contact the Coordinator of Disability Services in the Learning Center at (716) 829-7728.