Windows XP Wireless Printing Instructions for Library
- From the Start menu, choose "Printers and Faxes"
- Select "Add a Printer" under "Printer Tasks". This will open the "Add Printer Wizard" Click Next.
- Select "Local Printer" and make sure that the box entitled "Automatically detect and install my plug and play printer" is not checked.
- Select "Create a new Port" and choose "Standard TCP/IP port from dropdown menu.
- The "Add Standard TCP/IP Printer Port" Wizard Appears. Click Next.
- Enter desired printer IP address (addresses in table at right). The second box will automatically be filled.
- Click on Finish and you will return to the "Print Wizard"
- Select "HP" for Manufacturer and then select appropriate printer model.
- Name the printer – use a name that you will remember
- Continue clicking next until process is finished.
You are now ready to print!
|2nd Floor||10.200.6.11||HP LaserJet 3015|
|3rd Floor||10.200.6.10||HP LaserJet 2055|
|4th Floor||10.200.6.12||HP LaserJet 4250|
The DYC Help Desk offers hands-on technical support for e-mail, internet and computer hardware and software (PCs and Macs).