Students, faculty, staff, and alumni have access to D'Youville's robust collection of library materials.
GENERAL BORROWING INFORMATION
- Library materials circulate to D'Youville students, faculty, and staff
- The borrowing period for general circulating materials is six weeks
- Materials can be checked out in person at the second floor circulation desk during business hours
- We also offer contact-free circulation:
- Library materials can be checked out contact-free by filling in the online Circulation Form
- Materials will be checked-out for you and placed in a locker in the Library lobby
- A librarian will email you with pick-up details when your materials are available
- D'Youville students, faculty, and staff may borrow up to 20 items. DaVinci High School students may borrow up to 5 items
- All circulated materials will be quarantined for a minimum of 72 hours before being returned to the stacks
- Items borrowed from the D'Youville Library may be renewed up to 3 times
- Each renewal is good for an additional six weeks, unless otherwise specified
- If a hold has been placed on an item, it will not be renewed and the item must be returned by the originally assigned due date
- Library materials may be renewed by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
A course reserves list can be found in the library catalog. Sort the reserves list by clicking on the column names along the top of the list. You can sort by course name, number or instructor.
Anatomical models are also on reserve but are found on a separate list. You can also do a keyword search in the library catalog by typing "model" and body part (for example entering "model hand" will bring up listings for all hand models on reserve). Here is a complete listing of our reserve models.
Appointments to check-out reserve materials can be requested by completing the online Reserves Form, or by visiting the second floor circulation desk during office hours.
An email will be sent confirming your reserve appointment.
Gloves will be supplied with reserve materials, and must be worn whenever handling reserve materials, as a sufficient quarantine period cannot be guaranteed.